Our mission is to provide the highest standard of patient care whilst incorporating a holistic approach toward diagnosis and management of illness.
We are committed to promoting health, wellbeing and disease prevention to all patients. We do not discriminate in the provision of excellent care, and we aim to treat all patients with dignity and respect.
MAT Health Clinic (MHC) is accredited against standards set by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP). To view CLICK HERE
Accreditation is a process which acknowledges that our practice has met the set of industry standards. It shows that we are committed to safe, high quality health care. Accreditation is a voluntary process undertaken and is renewed every three years.
Accreditation Bodies are Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL) or Quality Practice Association (QPA)
Policies in our workplace
Our full policy and procedure manual can be found here.
Here’s some of our other policies and procedures in the workplace:
HEALTH AND SAFETY
INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL
HUMAN RIGHTS POLICY
CHILDREN IN THE WORKPLACE
CODE OF CONDUCT
- The Therapeutic Goods Administration looks at prescription medicines, vaccines, sunscreens, vitamins and minerals, medical devices, blood and blood products.
- The Private Health Insurance Ombudsman protects the interests of private health insurance consumers.
- Safe Work Australia (SWA) is an Australian government statutory body, they work in partnership with governments, employers and employees—to drive national policy development on WHS and workers’ compensation matters.
- WorkSafe.qld.gov.au has information and services for work health and safety and workers’ compensation in Queensland.
- The purpose of the Fair Work Ombudsman is to promote harmonious, productive, cooperative and compliant workplace relations in Australia.
- Services Australia provides Services, payments and programs for health professionals, practice staff, health workers and pharmacy staff.
- The purpose of the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare is to contribute to better health outcomes and experiences for all patients and consumers, and improved value and sustainability in the health system by leading and coordinating national improvements in the safety and quality of health care.
- The Office of the Australian Information Commission (OAIC) are the independent national regulator for privacy and freedom of information. They promote and uphold your rights to access government-held information and have your personal information protected.
- Information about anti-discrimination and equal opportunity measures can be obtained by contacting the Australian Humans Rights Commission
- The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) is the national organisation responsible for implementing the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme (the National Scheme) across Australia.
Codes of Practice
Codes of practice provide information on a specific issue and help us achieve legal standards. The Medical Board of Australia has developed codes and guidelines to guide the profession. These also help to clarify the Board’s expectations on a range of issues. View Here
Some Codes of Practice that we follow are:
- Work Health and Safety Code of Practice 2015
- First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice 2021
- How to manage work health and safety risks
- Hazardous Manual Tasks Code of Practice 2016.
- Code of conduct for doctors in Australia
To view our list of relevant Healthcare legislation Click here
Translation & Interpreter Service
Workplace Diversity and Inclusion training
Find out more about Human Rights
How to comply with your Medicare obligations
Mandatory Reporting and Statutory Notifications
Memberships and Affiliations
MAT Health Clinic is a member of:
- The Australian Medical Association (AMA) is the peak professional body for doctors in Australia.
- The Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA) is the peak professional body for nurses working in primary health care.
- The Australian Association of Practice Management AAPM is a not-for-profit, national peak association recognised as the professional body dedicated to supporting effective Practice Management in the healthcare profession.
- Brisbane North PHN – are one of 31 Primary Health Networks across Australia. They support clinicians and communities in Brisbane’s northern suburbs, Moreton Bay Regional Council and parts of Somerset Regional Council.
- The Australian Network on Disability – a national, membership based, for-purpose organisation that supports organisations to advance the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business.
- Pride in Diversity – the national not-for-profit employer support program for LGBTQ workplace inclusion, specialising in HR, organisational change and workplace diversity.
- The Diversity Council of Australia – the independent not-for-profit peak body leading diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- As Australia’s leading medical defence organisation and medical indemnity insurance provider, Avant has more members, more claims experience and is backed by the largest in-house specialist medico-legal team.